Sanitary sewers provide an important health function as it carries sewage from residences and businesses so the sewage can be properly treated before discharging into a receiving stream. Unfortunately, the sanitary collection system often receives minimal maintenance or repair/replacement attention.
When it comes to sanitary sewers, it is often “out of sight, out of mind” for most residents, businesses, and elected officials until a problem arises. In many locations, sanitary sewers approaching 130 years are still in active use even though they are beyond their useful life. Sanitary sewers in poor condition allow inflow and infiltration to enter the sanitary sewer pipes resulting in basement back-ups, or sanitary sewer overflows which impact human and aquatic life.
We understand the importance of the condition, connectivity, and defects of an existing collection sewer system and the various methods of repairing and replacing aging sewer systems. Through field investigative tools independent of, or in conjunction with computer modeling, we provide our clients an understanding of their system and ways to repair or replace the aging infrastructure.
Collection System Services
- Collection System Planning
- Sanitary Collection Modeling – SWMM, PCSWMM, SewerCAD
- Collection System Capacity Analysis
- Collection System Design
- Collection System Operations Analysis
- Pump Stations and Force Mains
- Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Elimination Study and Design
- Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) Elimination Study and Design
- Sanitary Sewer Rate Studies