The term “master plan” conjures up images of colorful maps or renderings of a new development, building, watershed study, etc. However, a master plan is stepping back from the details to develop a high-level plan, even for a building site!
We have the experience to create a master plan for individual sites, neighborhoods, all or portions of a watershed, and more. A master plan provides a guide to a property owner or community that offers an opportunity to improve stormwater infrastructure locally and/or regionally. Stormwater does not recognize property or corporate boundaries; it’s often imperative that neighboring groups work together to address flooding, erosion, or other stormwater issues.
We facilitate planning across community boundaries through stakeholder engagement. Stakeholders learn how they can work together to address stormwater issues. Master plans are a “living document”. It’s important that communities understand that as circumstances change, it might be necessary to modify the plan. Our experience helps guide communities through both the original plan as well as modifications to address any issues or community concerns.
Master Planning Services
- Stormwater and Watershed Management Plans
- Collection System Planning
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Computer Modeling, Studies and Investigations
- Pipe Condition Assessments and Asset Management
- Collection System Rehabilitation Study and Design
- Collection System Capacity Analysis
- Collection System Design
- Collection System Operations Analysis
- Stormwater Pump Stations and Force Mains
- Stormwater Management Planning and CIP Development
- Stormwater Management Facility Design (water quantity and water quality)
- Stormwater Management Facility Retrofit Planning and Design
- Stormwater Culvert Inspections and Assessments
- Stormwater Culvert Design
- GIS Asset Management and Survey
- Resiliency Planning